Yellow Jersey – Bicycle and Travel insurance
We have teamed up with Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance to offer you the best cover for your bicycle & travel needs.
We have spent a long time searching for the right insurance provider for our customers and we are happy to say we have found them in Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance.Yellow Jersey offer specialist cover for bicycles includes all the standard cover you’d expect but also cover other things like race fee cancellation, crash damage, wheels cover and even theft from inside a vehicle.Yellow Jersey are the official supplier to the British Triathlon Federation, they insure Team Wiggins and are proud sponsors of Matrix Pro Cycling, the team of double Olympic gold medallist Laura Trott.Yellow Jersey offer a 60% discount on all additional bikes after you insure your first so they are super competitive! See below a short summary of the bike insurance cover and what it includes – Bicycle Insurance Features
- Worldwide Cover as standard
- Crash damage while training and racing
- No increase in premiums if you make a claim
- 20% renewal discount
- Race wheel, pothole protection
- Race fee cancellation
- Theft (including from vehicles)
- 48hr transition cover
- Damage Cover in transit to bike or box
- £1000 bike box cover as standard
- £250 accessories cover as standard
- Optional clothing, helmet and wetsuit cover
- Roadside recovery
- 60% “multi bike” discount
- Family cover
- Available as short term or annual policies
Why do I need a specific Cycle Travel Insurance?In much the same way as you buy travel insurance for winter sports, Yellow Jersey provides travel insurance specific to cycle events / trips.
If you already have cycle insurance, ask yourself two simple questions:
- Have I checked it covers holidays where the primary purpose is cycling, e.g. a training camp or cycle tour.
- Have I checked it covers me if I’m taking part in an event, e.g. a long distance sportive, a charity ride, a triathlon race.
Alternative info on bike insurance –Why choose Yellow Jersey to insure your bike?There are lots of reasons why you should get specific insurance for bicycles. These include:
- All claims are handled by in-house and Yellow Jersey aim to get 95% of customers back on the bike in 14 days or less.
- Yellow Jersey cycle insurance claims will have no effect on your home insurance no claims bonus.
- Yellow Jersey do not you charge you extra at renewal if you’ve made a claim, in fact you automatically get a 15% renewal discount.
- Yellow Jersey annual bicycle insurance even comes with a Yellow Jersey DNA+ forensic protection system, to help with theft prevention, worth £30.
Short summary of both –
Yellow Jersey InsuranceYellow Jersey Cycle Insurance offers a pair of complementary insurance products to cover all eventualities for training, travelling, riding and racing.Cycle insurance providing complete cover for your bike in the UK and overseas; from crash damage and theft, to race fee cancellation and third party liability.Cycle-specific Travel Insurance covering you for medical mishaps and repatriation when riding abroad, on top of all the features you’d expect from a standard travel insurer.
We Are Evolving...
After successfully setting up a network of local bike box hire micro-sites across the Southwest and Durham Tees: bikeboxhiredevon.co.uk, bikeboxhiresomerset.co.uk, bikeboxhiredorset.co.uk, bikeboxhireeastdevon.co.uk, bikeboxhiredurhamtees.co.uk. We have formed the Cycle Box Hire group to act as a centralised business website that will move our new brand of bike box hire service into national expansion. Please see our new site: www.cycleboxhire.co.uk